New to online photography?
So, you have a digital camera, you have taken some pictures and now you want to put them onto your computer.
This step by step guide will tell you how to do it and you will then be ready to share your pictures online.
- You will need to connect your camera or memory card to your computer.
- If you want to upload directly from you camera, you will need a USB lead. (This may have been supplied with your camera). Connect the USB to your computer and camera and turn your camera on.
- If you have a card reader, connect the card reader to your computer and insert your memory card
- Now that you have your camera/card reader connected to your computer a window should pop up asking you what you want to do. Click the option that allows you to save your pictures to your computer. If you don’t see a pop up window, you can bring it onto you screen by clicking: Start > Accessories > Scanner and Camera Wizard
- Next you can select the pictures you wish to save onto your computer. You will need to select a place to store your selected photos. Use My Pictures. Create a new folder and name it, for example; 4am pictures
Now you have your photos stored on you computer you can start sharing them!